West Somerset, England Eng

Please has anyone tried growing Myosotidium hortensia (Chatham Island Forget me not)?

I know it's not a hardy plant and that it needs shade and a seaweed feed, but can it be grown in a container and over-wintered in the greenhouse?

I like a challenge, but I'm wondering if this is one step too far!

On plant Myosotidium hortensia

Myosotidium_hortensia Myosotidium_leaf

Oo'er Spritz , I removed the picture of the snail in my garden......Cor ! he would luv this.

Eeeek! I have snails, too - they'd better not eat it...I'd better protect it...Grrrr.....

The one thing that I found on another forum was that it may be best to water with rainwater when you do...........

Thanks - I do, as it happens, because the plants in the greenhouse get watered from a rainwater butt. :-)

I should have added that the reason is that they dislike lime. Not sure if that means that they may prefer a slight acidity to the growing medium........

Mine survived -15c in the garden, but the one I had outside in a pot died, even with fleece over it. A friend of mine who has a nursery overwintered a 100 in a cold poly tunnel, and lost very few!

Thanks - that's very helpful. I might think about planting it out! The Nursery said it should be fine, but it looks so delicate.