By Jennyh

Cheshire, United Kingdom Gb

I have been given a cutting of an up-side down plant, can any one tell me how I get it to root? I am not sure but do you put the head bit into water, until the roots appear ?

What's an upside down plant? I've heard of plants being grown in upside down planters, but not that.

Me neither and Google didn't come up with anything!

Difficult to describe but I'll have a go. long stem with grass like leaves that over hang at the top in the shape of a pom pom, if my son was hear I would take photo for you.
I had one years ago as a house plant I can't remember what I have to do. But I noticed when I was on holiday they were growing every were.

It may be a Cyperus alternifolius in which case you can turn it upside down and put it into a jar of water with the top of the leaves out of the water. The roots will form and you can then pot it up. I have some on my window sill at the moment!! I have a picture of one of my plants at page 3 of my photos.

That's it Jen, they are the same as your photo! I had to cut the leaves back a little but I will try to some how, suspend them in a jar so the leaves don't touch the water.

Thanks for the info

The bottom of the leaves where they meet the stem needs to be in the water as that is where the roots form. It is just the top of the leaves that are above water. I have just put a phot of my cuttings in my photos.

Thanks Jen, I have put the cuttings into water like you have in your photo, so I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Many thanks for your help!