By Pebble1

my plum tree planed in spring now has some blossom on it and lots of new shoots Is this normal thank you

I'm wondering what you mean by 'planed' in spring - do you mean you pruned it in spring? If so, that was not the time to prune, so I'd guess its taking its chance to flower a bit now. Perhaps it was short of water too, and that's why its now putting out new growth - because its been wet, and it can.

I think Pebble1 means "planted", Bamboo. Just one letter missing, but it makes all the difference.

I think it's another confused plant, some other spring-flowerers are having a bit of a go again now, cos of the crazy mixed-up weather we've had.

I'm sure it will sort itself out Pebble1, just make sure you keep it watered - at least a bucketful, applied slowly once a week, for a year or so should do it.

Funny how the mind works, I jumped to pruned and never even thought about planted!