What is this plant?

Derbyshire, United Kingdom Gb

I'm sure some kind GOY member will recognise this seed-head. Can you tell me what the flower looks like, as well as the name?
Thanks A.

It is Phlomis fruiticosa. It has aromatic leaves and can grow to 6 feet but responds well to pruning after the flowers fade. It has unusual yellow flowers in whorls up the stem in early summer. A very nice shrub for a sunny space.

And it does need as much sun as you can give it. I had one growing in three-quarters sun and it would always get leggy. As soon as I moved it to an open spot exposed to the sun all day, it stopped growing so tall

Ours of these is in a sunny position and still grows like billy-o as my mother would say. Come to think of it, i'm not sure it's ever been able to flower because I've always been pruning it. Maybe I'm pruning at the wrong time tho.

Thank you everyone. I saw it in a Hertfordshire garden, growing against what I guess in summer would be a sunny wall. Now you've told me, Vol, I think I can picture the flowers. Don't think it would do well here oop north.

Hi - they are growing wild here in Greece on sandy- rocky poor soil. Lots of sun, little water - if you need to prune do so in winter (end of) like sage.
Sometimes they die back just like sage as well. Seedheads are attractive during winter.