Leicestershire, United Kingdom Gb

Granddaughter planted two apple pips weeks back,they are doing really well,but do we stand a chance of them growing to maturity. ??????

It is wonderful when you see the results of planting something as tiny as an apple pip. Well done to your granddaughter.

I reckon you do! When I go for walks round here I can spot odd apple trees where some long-ago miner must have chucked an apple core at the end of his "crib".

Yes but there is no guarantee that they will be like the parent. You could end up with wonderful eaters, sour old cookers or something that produces apples the size of a marble.

There's the gamble - but they'll still be apple trees... :-)

And you will get the blossom in any case.

About 4-7 years to bloom, and about 99 out of a 100 tree's fruit are "spitters", but even most of those will make decent cider. And you never know: you might have the next 'Golden Delicious'!

Thanks all, can anybody tell me what to do with them ?? i have them in home at moment will put them in pots not in garden but how long in home would they survive this coming winter if out-side ????

They wil need to be hardened off and outside. You can't successfully grown an apple tree indoors.

Bit shocked to-day to find my little apple tree's covered in white or green fly have picked them off and sprayed them with water with drop of fairly liquid in and that's before i put them out-side