when we were away on holiday we think that our neighbour watered our runner beans using a watering can used for lawn feed and weed. we ususally rise it out after use. The beans had just been planted outside. Will there be any danger of eating the beans. I know that we could ask our neighbour, but don't want to cause a problem.

If the beans had only just been planted, then you won't be eating from them for some time - if there was any weed and feed left in the can, the 'weed' part will kill the beans anyway.

If you are getting a neighbour to water it is a good idea to make sure the only watering can visible is one that is not used for something like weed & feed.

Exactly the same thing happened to a friend of mine when he asked his neighbour to water his exhibition dahlias while he was away on holiday. The dahlias did not die but stopped growing. Even a trace of weed killer can cause a lot of harm to most plants.

« Can anyone tell me what this is?