I am after a slow growing attractive Leylandii tree with very little spread to replace one that died over the winter could you recommend one please?

The thing about Leylandii is that it's fast growing and grows to enormous heights - it's the nature of the plant. You may be able to find an evergreen tree to replace it, but it won't be a Leylandii. Bluespruce may be able to help - or Anchorman, as he used to grow evergreen trees, amongst others, commercially. But rid your mind of the word "Leylandii" - it's not what you're looking for.

"Fastigiata" in the name of a tree indicates that it grows to a narrow column. I have a slow growing Abies koreana that will have blue cones when it's old enough. It is growing slowly - at the moment anyway.

Here are some used in Arizona:
Juniperus chinensis 'Blue Point', J. scopulorum 'Blue Heaven', J. virginiana 'Blue Arrow', Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Pelt's Blue' (preferably on C. pisifera rootstock)