By Dorjac

Essex, United Kingdom Gb

I bought a Fuchsia 4 to a pot at Tescos in 2010. One of them survived the winter, to my surprise. It is a small compact plant which has lots of buds and flowers. The flowers are held very level, not drooping, as most fuchsia flowers. Can anyone put a name to it please?

Img_1712 Img_1713

Just a guess that it could be 'dollar princess'

Thanks Aimankay. I googled Dollar Princess but it seems too droopy a flower to be the same fuchsia.

Hi dorjac, try "Mrs Popple" although there are hundreds of varieties that look very similar, good luck!!
regards derekm.

Looked it up on Crocus Derek. Similar, but the pedicle on this fuchsia is very short, the ovary is green and not brownish, as with Mrs Popple. I think I'll have to join the local Fuchsia Club! There is a good one in the town that puts a lovely show on yearly. It shall remain Tesco.

Check if the above pix matches with any of them on this site

Hello Aimankay, lovely site for fuchsias. No tender ones depicted as they have run out of supplies of them! It didn't resemble any of the hardy ones either. Thanks for giving me this site....I faved it.