By Jennyh

Cheshire, United Kingdom Gb

can any one identify this plant and how it usually behaves in the garden. Just bought them from a fund raising stall.

Dscf0695 Dscf0697

I've never grown it, but we had a question on this a few weeks ago. It's Pilea peperomioides (chinese money plant).
How to care for it? I found this -

which implies it's usually grown as a house plant. You could try it in the garden and bring a couple in for the winter.

Thanks Beattie,

The leaves to this plant are quite thick and succulent and remind me of the elephants ears plant. I will give them a go in the garden as any house plant in my house know they are death row.

Agreed. Definitely an indoor plant. It likes lots of light and seems to thrive better when pot-pound. Offshoots I have taken seem to 'sulk' for a while. And it flowers just now, but the flowers are nothing special.

I have had one in the conservatory for five years and it looks just like it did when I was given it. I was told I would never lack money if I kept it. there may be a connection between the non growing plant and the shrinking bank balance! It won't survive in the garden.