West Sussex, United Kingdom Gb

Hypericum 'Magical White' evergreen shrub. Please advise on the best time of year to re-site this shrub. It was planted early March this year, in a sunny border but I wish to move it to a blue & yellow area, not the pink & lilac it's currently in!

Autumn I'd have thought, unless you're having lots of rain currently, the ground is wet, and you're able to water in dry spells after its moved. Is this definitely evergreen? I know its advertised as such, but two other sellers describe it as deciduous...

I bought it as an Evergreen shrub, Bamboo, but having only planted it very recently, only time will tell! I'll leave it until the Autumn for it's move as the weather is so unpredictable right now. I see a Guest asked today if it was a good ground cover shrub. Coincidence . . .

I have one of the Magical series of Hypericums. It didn't lose its leaves in the conventional way this winter, it just went very brown. Has come back to life after a little prune this year (once I saw some life) and is flowering right now.

That's encouraging news.

Yes it is, let us know whether yours keeps its leaves or not Shirleytulip - although if they stayed on in Bedfordshire, they'll likely do the same where you are.

Will do ... although with the gale force winds down here today I'm surprised anything's still got leaves! : o ((