Plant ID Please

By Clivev

Swansea, United Kingdom Gb

Thanks Tugbrethil, I've added my pathetic effort at Macro photography, I've also added one from the Web that looks almost the same.
Thanks Seaburngirl, I will follow your advice. I did not plant it, my first wild plant, really pleased, great reward for creating a border on a strip of rough grass over my boundary wall. you are both welcome to seed, thanks, Clive.

Linaria_purpurea2 Linaria_purpurea

This plant has been in flower for at least a month, covered with bees the whole time. How do I care for it ? Thanks, Clive.

Could you post close-ups of the flowers and leaves, too, Clivey? That would make identification easier. You should be able to just add them on to your present question.

it is a perennial toadflax or Linaria. It looks after itself and seeds very freely. I cut mine down in the autumn after the birds have enjoyed the seeds. In the spring I weed out those that I dont want.

Actually, I haul them out as soon as I see them, new plants still keep coming back, though!

I find the same as Bulbaholic. I made the mistake of allowing mine to seed unchecked last year, and the weeding is unbelievable! So many Linaria seedlings you just wouldn't credit it. Well, Bulbaholic would. So I'd recommend that you deadhead most before the seed scatters.

No wonder I had a hard time recognizing it! All the species that I'm familiar with grow less than a foot tall! I'm glad to see this, if only for my own education. Thank you , Clivey!