By Alextb

London, England Eng

What has happened to the dahlia in the top picture? Is it a mutation or returning to the dahlia's original state?

All the rest of the dahlias are the same as the second picture. teh other dahlia is the only one.

Sa400356 Sa400357

Yes, it could be reverting. I quite like it, actually! :-)

It is nice. I was just wondering if it was reverting.

I could not think of the word I was looking for in the question, so gad to try and phrse it another way.

Thanks for reminding me. Reverting.

Go on - have a practice. R-e-v-e-r-t-i-n-g. ;-))

LOL. I'm always forgetting words!

I rather like that one - I wonder if it will come true next year - you might be able to get more tubers off it in the spring.

I will certainly try. Half the petals are dotty like I boght them, and half are a vivid pink.

It sounds an interesting plant!

They look lovely and certainly very healthy which is more than I can say for mine which have been attacked by mealy bug and mildew:(

Not sure I can save them.....any suggestions would be appreciated; please bear in mind that I live in the Med and we have had a terrible spring. (Cool, wet and windy).

Even my petunias have provided hearty meals for the local snails due to the amount of rain we've had!!

My neighbour had a look today, and she liked it too.