By Lilypad

gwent, United Kingdom Gb

Hi Everyone It has been a very long time since I was last on this site. Every spadeful of earth I turn over this spring contains whole hazelnuts. I watch the little squirrel perishers dig up my plants and put hazelnuts in their place. How on earth do you stop them.? . They sit and look at me as I watch them perched on the sides of my tubs hazelnut in mouth ready to plant.

maybe you should do something like give them something they like to bury there nuts in near your window so you can watch perhaps and maybe mulch your plants,tubs etc with broken slate as its not easy to dig in . just a thaught .

Or get a couple of cats, or a Jack Russel!

or a howitzer lol meanie .

If your neighbors windows are safely hidden, sometimes a good slingshot is the gardeners best friend!

Good to see your blog.Wondered if you live near to Chepstow.Have been away to SW France for 2 weeks,so garden has galloped away!