Had a schleffera plants for about 15 years and this year it has some kind of bloom on it

jwysack

By Jwysack

I have had a schleffera plants for about 15 years and this year it has some kind of bloom on it. It started out looking like a pine cone and then expanded and the cone branched out with what looks like flowers. What is this?
I'm looking for help with what is happening to this plant.

On plant Schefflera actinophylla

Answers

This sounds like a flower spike, it must be a happy plant! Scefflera is in the Araliaceae family. For some great photos.. google Araliaceae and go to the Vascular plant image library. Isn't the Web great sometimes!

Jwysack, these are indeed the flowers,although they look like red berries. But Delonix is the expert and he'll be able to tell you. I've never seen real flowers on them though.

• Schefflera actinophylla - Umbrella Tree, Octopus Tree Flowering (Schefflera actinophylla - Umbrella Tree, Octopus Tree)
    Delonix1
  • Schefflera actinophylla  - Queenland Umbrella Tree (Schefflera actinophylla  - Queenland Umbrella Tree)
    Delonix1
    Delonix1
  • Schefflera actinophylla - Queensland Umbrella Tree (Schefflera actinophylla - Queensland Umbrella Tree)
    Delonix1