I have an orange tree which now has 25 to 30 very small oanges. It is in the heated conservatory and I feed andf spray it regularly. None of my gardening books give any information on the care of orange trees. Should I pick the (inedible) oranges and

By Mabelia

No other details

~i would be tempted to take some off simply because there are so many~they all will be producing pips,their primary purpose and even though you are feeding it, it probably needs to slow down a bit over the winter.
I had one for about 25 years ~lost it last winter and some of the little green fruit used to drop off before they got too big.It's nice to see lots of fruit but that's obviously taking a lot out of the tree.
~there are books plus if you are an RHS member you can ask for advice~have you looked on their website?
There is a fantastic selection of books at Wisley.

Many, many thanks, Arlene. I shall follow your advice and hope for the best, Mabelia.

There are lots of books on Amazon including a new one to be released on the 15th December called"growing citrus the essential gardeners guide" normally £20 but £14~if you can have a look in Borders before you buy in case it;s too heavy?looks ok... good luck!