The Garden Community for Garden Lovers

Sounds like wild rhubard is what we have on our property

Sounds like wild rhubarb is what we have on our property. Is it poisonous, or harmful to children?



Wild rhubarb is sometimes known as Butterbur in the old days it was used to wrap butter, can be seen in boggy situations and is seen along the river banks, here in Derby we have long drifts of it along the river derwent, i know it has alot of medicinal properties, and it does contain alot of toxins, i would say not to eat it just to be on the safe side and make the children aware of this, remember too that all rhubarb leaves are poisonous, julien.

31 May, 2011


Children should be discouraged from eating any plants in the garden or in the wold. Many more than you possibly think can cause an upset tummy at best and serious poisoning in some cases.

1 Jun, 2011

How do I say thanks?

Answer question


Not found an answer?