Clematis Sieboldii

By Marge

West Yorkshire., United Kingdom Gb

Hi, just got T & M offer pack, plants are about 3 inch tall,
thought they were too small to go out in garden, so put them in plant pots. Am I doing the right thing? This is not something I have experience of, but thought when they grow up the might hide the Wheelie Bins. I watched the D.V.D., it explained propergation, but nt what to do with such tiny plants. H E L P !

Absolutely right, Marge - you need to give them some TLC over the winter, pot them on when you can see the roots through the pot holes, then again in the spring. Put them outside then, to harden them off - but back in if there's a frost! Don't plant them out until they are the size you would normally buy from a Nursery. Lots of us are not happy with T&M, I'm afraid.

Good luck with your babies..

Marge - when you come to pot them on as per spritzhenry's advice (which is spot on), use deep pots. If you look at clematis at Garden Centres, they are usually in these deep ones for extra root space

Hi Marge - further to the above, be aware that C. sieboldii is not a very vigorous grower, so don't be alarmed if they don't produce much growth to begin with - might take a while to 'mask' your wheely bins. It is a lovely one tho :-)