Plants for pots on natural stone north facing wall
Somerset, United Kingdom
I have a natural stone north facing wall that has our front door & windows. In front is a large tarmac driveway that i feel will look better with some plants near the house. I am thinking of:
1. several pots (stone and/or wood barrels?)
2. Some perennial plants with additional seasonal planting?
3. Larger central feature plant between the 2 windows?
4. plants under the windows should not grow too tall - max 600 - 900mm
5. may include shrub, small tree even?
6. probably not plants that grow directly against the wall as there is acco drainage that we need to clear easily & avoid too many leaves etc dropping in it
There is a high beech hedge along the eastern side (left as you look at the photo). West side is reasonably light & open.
any input welcomed!
- 29 May, 2011