Cheshire, United Kingdom Gb

hi all , with my ongoing war against the horsetail weeds ,i have purchased a flame gun (gardenline gas gun £12.99) i wonder have any of you had success useing these ? cheers

None what-so-ever, sorry Tanjipete. We bought to use on the weeds on the gravelled parking area the weeds simply grew back. Think it is still hanging up in the potting shed somewhere.

yes they are a pain , have dug out most of my beds laid ground cover membrane & refilled with soil ,still they appear .i have used clinic ace poisen & it has worked a bit now i put a plastic glove on & poisen each one individually arghhh , the battle goes on ha ha

It is all you can do really, try putting an old cotton glove over the latex one, it will hold the roundup or whatever better.

Totally sympathize with you and your difficult weed in same place - different weed!
...think Moongrower is absolutely right about the glove...

Stay will win!

thanks everyone .let battle commence lol

Good luck!

You can use horsetail to make fertiliser feed. steeped in water for a couple of weeks, it makes a good source of nitrogen for brassicas, lettuce etc and can also be used on the lawn in springtime. Cutting it constantly weakens the plants also.