West Midlands, United Kingdom
I have these plants....in tubs...NOT ideal, I know.....but that is what I did!
Today I noticed...to my horror...that they are covered in a whitish/grey mould. I've googled it and see that it is quite common. Later, I did spray with a fungicidal spray and I will keep an eye on them.
HOWEVER, I would like to know
1)whether this mould will have a detrimetal effect on the flowers?
2) Should I move them into the ground ...even at this stage...although they are quite tall...and very entwined?
3) Is there any way to increase the air flow around the base... I'm presuming that this is necessary to avoid the same problem again? Remove the lower shoots?
- 20 May, 2011