West Midlands, United Kingdom Gb

has anyone got a MOTHER OF THOUSANDS or can tell me where to get one.

On plant Saxifraga

I don't even know what this is ...... is this the common name for a perennial or annual ?

I had one of these as a houseplant a long time ago. Tiny plantlets grow all along the leaf margins and drop off, rooting w3herever they can. Its Latin name is Kalanchoe diagremontiana, Louise.

Sorry Jackie, I don't have one any more. You could ask around in person - it's the sort of indestructible toughie to be found in offices & it turns up at coffee mornings and so on as it's so easy to root.

Have to agree...somebody's granny or auntie will have one! Good luck!

Ah, thanks Beattie.

This isn't really the place to ask about houseplants, i would have thought a houseplant forum would be a better source of answers, Jackiew.

Presumably you've googled them and already asked on them.

Errrr, i think we might all have it wrong :-/
I've just read the question again and it's under the heading of Saxifraga ........
So, it's a perennial ...... and a saxifraga that i'm not clued-up on.
I have some here but not that one - someone else might have it in THEIR garden.

Good point Louise! I've just googled "Saxifrage mother of thousands" and discovered that it's a common name used for Saxifraga stolonifera. This I do grow in the garden. It's a tough saxifrage that puts out runners and spreads. Another example of common names being used for more than one plant.

You'll need to let us know which one you mean Jackie.

• Saxifraga (Saxifraga x arendsii)
  • Saxifraga fortunei  Blackberry and Apple Pie.. (Saxifraga fortunei Blackberry and Apple Pie)
  • Saxifraga 'Love Me' (Saxifraga)
  • Saxifraga - like little stars. (Saxifraga cortusifolia)