West Sussex, United Kingdom Gb

This Beetle flew in to my kitchen last night. I've typed Sexton Beetle into the GoY searchbox & it's taken me to Fractal's outbox! Since the new layout on GoY, there is no way of viewing the outbox so I'm hoping somebody can confirm the I.D. of the Beetle please. It's now within the log-pile at the back of the garden!

Cimg2756

Answers

It's a May bug Shirley. Only a few days early - must be the hot weather. Watching them fly is amazing isn't it! They look as if they'd never get off the ground.

I hate these since I was once walking with a friend in a country lane and it flew into her backcombed hair.

Thanks Beattie & Drc ... I opened the door to let our cat in and what I thought was a large Moth flew past me. It was only in the morning I found it on the floor. Not the best thing to have found!

At least they're not dangerous, though the grubs eat roots for three - five years.

Wow,it's a big un,Shirley..good job you have a light coloured floor,so you could see it ok .Are you going to hunt it down now,from your log pile ? You don't want it's babies .!!

LOL, Bloomer, it can join the Stag Beetle in the logs . . . . .

Mmm,an assignation in the log pile! Maybe a new species will evolve ? Lol...Its very cold here today..I will be back to winter jacket,when we go out later..:o((

Oh no, we have sunshine, blue sky but a breeze which has required me to wear a fleece. : o ((

We have only seen a fleeting glance of the sun today,Shirley..and I wore my boots again as well,when we went into town...very cold wind indeed...and not even been in the garden today..:o((

: o (((