West Somerset, England Eng

Please does anyone know what this plant is? I can't remember planting it, and although the leaves are a bit geranium-ish, I don't recognise it. Is it a weed?

Don't know, Spritz. But sometimes I get plants in my garden that I haven't planted. Possibly left by incontinent birds. I usually leave them to mature to see if I want to keep them. But then, as you may remember, I am more of the 'jungle-garden' school than you are.

I go with the flow as well and let any thing interesting grow. The leaf reminds me of young Squash and Pumpkin leaves before they get lighter and hairy.

Could also be a Geranium or other plant with a virus - almost looks like currant blister, and I note a couple of yellowish areas, with a yellow streak. Is that possible, Spritz? Otherwise, I have no clue what it might be.

Thanks for the thoughts - all the leaves are coming up the other yellowish areas, though, Bamboo.

I shall just have to wait and see what it does - if it flowers, that is. :-/

Look forward to a follow up then, lol!

it cold be a geranium that got a spot of frost at a crucial point in the leaf formation. have you used any weedkiler in that area? thats aslo a possibility.

Nope. I only ever use weedkiller on the steps - and they're nowhere near this bed.

It will be very interesting if it does flower! I do still think that the leaves are geranium-shaped.