By Eddster

I have just layed some new turf on my lawn, has anybody got any tips and tricks of the trade to keep it nice?

Water, water and water. It needs a good soaking every day. If you have a sprinkler hose so much the better just move it round but make sure you are soaking each portion or it will die. Good luck.

I agree.Water well each day for the first week or two and you should have no problems after that.

Depending on the soil and the weather it might be a good idea to make that 'water well for the first season'. The last thing you want is for the grass to start growing vigourously and then you stop watering, out comes the sun or just hot weather and the moisture evaporates leaving your grass to fend for itself.

Thanks everbody, the grass is looking lovley!! Have you got any advice on how long I should leave it before giving it it's first cut??

This link gives invaluable information on mowing lawns in general and new turf in particular.