can i grow broad bean through weed control fabric

I dont see why not, but ensure it lets the water through. julien.

They should grow alright with no problems, But...Have you thought how you will pull up the old plants? Also you will finish up with a lot of holes in the fabric.
If you have weed control fabric in a veg plot you won't be able to dig either.

There's no problem here apart from irrigation which I'm sure your imagination will solve . At the end of the season cut the plants down to ground level and leave to decompose. Essentially you're using a super efficient mulch and leaving only the problem of irrigation, a simple one to deal with. To avoid unnecessary damaged to your ground covering fabric leave the bean plants to grow unsupported. This they will do as a reaction to the demands made on them by the natural environment including wind. The only difference you may detect is, they may seem to grow slower but I very much doubt you will detect this. It is just that the plant produces growing cells as normal but the thickness and resultant strengthing of the stem will be a result of the location of this cellular grow.