Please could you advise me on when i can transplant my Purple leaf Acer , also it looks like i might have, or am loosing, my Camelia, is there anything i can do, as in cut down the damaged branches , she is 5 years old and the severe weather we had i think has done the damage . Thank You for your help Gail Thomas.

Hi Gail and welcome to GoY. Don't move your Acer now until October time, particularly if you live in the south it will have a hard time re-establishing itself.

With your Camellia cut back anything that is obviously dead until you just reach live wood. We are doubtful that one of ours has survived but are holding off on giving the heave ho to at present.

If the Acer is in a pot then you might get away with transplanting it now. As Moon Growe has said the time to do it is during the winter when it is dormant. I would leave it till then to transplant if it is in the ground.