Cheshire, United Kingdom Gb

Hello :)
I planted these Oriental Poppies ('beauty of livemore') last autumn (which I grew from seed that spring), but idioticaly I didn't pay attention to the spacings, or realise how big they would grow, or even expect them all to survive... but they did and I have just returned after a couple of months away and am worried about moving them (I tend to kill anything I dig up), is it too late to do this, or will it still be fine... or should I even just leave them to it?

The description from where I got the seeds from says they grow to 3-4feet and should be spaced 12inches apart, but these are more like 5inches...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You should have no problem digging them up and replanting them. Poppies will grow from a bit of left over root. I know when I move mine a little one starts to grow from the roots that were left over. Also some of my poppies grow as a clump which is several plants together.

Just dig them up with enough soil around the roots and pop them along your border, they will be fine.

Thankyou for your help :) I was just a bit worried about giving them a battering, but I feel much braver now :)