Newcastle upon tyne, United Kingdom Gb

hi all its been a while for me since i was last on the site hope every one is in good spirits and looking forward to the new gardening year. i am after some help,can any one tell me how you cut safinia to keep for the following year,its for an oap nieghbour of mine many thanks mick

Sorry Micky what is safinia?

Do you mean a surfinia petunia which has somehow managed to survive the winter, despite their being a summer bedding plant? If you do, then tell your neighbour to wait another couple of weeks and then cut off any dead growth still present.

sorry moongrower my latin is not what it used to be thanks any way, bamboo has answered my question thanks to you to bamboo.

whats the difference between a safinia and petunia or are they the same
thanks pauline

Pauline, it would have been best to ask a separate question, but its surfinia, not safinia, and surfinia petunia is a petunia - it's just a particular variety of petunia that happens to trail.