Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom Gb

I have seen a weeping willow plant at the local garden centre and love it but little concerned that it could grow too big. I wonder if I could plant it and keep pruning it every year so that it doesn't get too big.

Any advice would be helpful.

If it is the Kilmarnock willow it wont get much over 5 foot in height. An actual weeping willow tree will grow far to big for a normal size garden and could not be kept pruned back.

we've a weeping willow we planted in the field near the pond about 15 years ago and its Huge--- we've enough room under it for a party!! :o))

I used to love lying under one as a child looking up at the pattern of light and shade through the leaves. But you do need a field and water to enjoy...

today I enjoyed the magnolias creamy stars backed by a deep blue sky-- isn't spring wonderful.....

Fantastic Pam, our magnolia wont be out for another couple of weeks yet... and it looks as if the winter got the camellia but I'm holding off on pruning back.

all the flowers dropped off and the some leaves are a bit brown but at least its still alive!!-- hope yours is too -- fingers crossed...

I've done the scraping off of the bark and, fingers crossed, think so!

my 15 year old bay trees have succumbed I think.....