West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

I am looking to plant out flowers and shrubs that are pet/child friendly (I have a 16month old grandson) yet a food source for birds and insects.

I have a list but needs looking for~will post it asap

Not a shrub, but crab apple 'golden hornet' would be a must for me justjayne. Small tree with masses of orangey crab apples which the birds adore! For more info see....

Lavender would also be a must for me, and Borage, well I suppose all the herbs you can possibly manage as the bees love them all and the scent and cooking opportunities are wonderful too!

Buddleia Davidii - the Butterfly bush is not poisonous to humans or pets either so that would be a goodie.

Look forward to seeing Arlene's list! Best wishes, and enjoy your planting! Karen

If you you put terratoonie in search box, top right, you will find her latest blog covers plants harmful to dogs. Probably the same for children. Hope this helps:-)