By Ninap

Spain Es

JUSTICIA BRANDEGEANA - Does anyone know where I could buy Shrimp Plant seeds from? I looked on various seed suppliers sites such as Suttons Seeds, but no luck. I have never seen a Shrimp Plant here in Menorca and would love to pick up a packet of seeds when next back in UK or get them sent via the internet. Thanks!

hi if you type kitchengardenseeds they have them 8 seeds for 99pence in gb pound +postage. only found blue ones.

5 Dec, 2010

and if you go on to ebay there is 6 different ones on there.also all blue some a little bit different prices best of luck.

5 Dec, 2010

Wait, wait!! Shrimp Plant (Justicia brandegeeana) doesn't come in blue, Ken. Here's the first source I cam upon:

They do ship to Spain, Ninap, just click the "more destinations" link next to the US shipping cost. There are probably others, too, I just didn't look that far.

6 Dec, 2010

Hi - thanks everyone for your replies - I also believe that they do not come in blue, and the blue ones are actually Cerinthe Purpurascens, which I have grown for many years. I am after the reddy/pinky variety, which I have always thought of as a shrimp plant. Thanks Tugbrethil - I will follow the link you supplied! Thanks again everyone, Nina.

6 Dec, 2010

Hi Tugbrethil - just checked the link and they are out of stock at the moment but I have sent them an email to ask them to let me know when they are back in stock! Thanks again, Nina.

6 Dec, 2010

You're welcome!

12 Dec, 2010

The yellow shrimp plants are my favorite! Mine bloomed all summer last year! TyTy Nursery has them! I've included the website (above) and their phone # is 888-811-9132.
There's a place called Couch's where I buy mine. It is in Fairfield, Ohio.
Al Couch Super Market
2115 Hamilton Eaton Road, Hamilton, OH 45011-9501

(513) 844-2400 ‎
DirectionsSearch nearby

5 reviewsYour rating: Sign in to rate
Edit your review

More from » Specialities‎: Seed, Nursery, Mulch, Group & Church Discounts, Flower & Vegetable Plants, Delivery Avai...

Thanks Probi! I will look into it ...