Big hole in lawn

By Bigbum

Hi - please can anyone advise me - I have woken up this morning to a hole in the lawn, approx 4 inches diameter and a foot deep - does anyone have any idea what this could be that has done this? Thank you in anticipation

Possibly rabbits? We also get Badgers digging but they make more mess, snuffling about for crane fly grubs.

Really! never seen a rabbit in the garden in 10 years we have lived here! Thank you though - anything we can do to deter them?

I bought an animal repellent from B&Q and sprayed it around where the hole had been (once I'd filled it in), that helped.

Is the spoil from the hole scattered around or piled in a pile? Are there any footprints in the spoil? What is at the bottom of the hole?
Lynne x

Nothing at the bottom - spoil just scattered around, no foot prints, but grass messed up around hole.

OK!!! It was me. 'Whats up Doc'
Goodness knows what it was then, Let us know if you do find out.
Lynne x

do i dig it up or cut it »