West Sussex, United Kingdom Gb

This plant has started to grow in some of my pots.... does anyone know what it is.... i did not plant it....

014 015

Looks like a young foxglove to me - could be wrong though!

It looks suspiciously like a baby foxglove! I'm over run with them and no idea where they came from. They stay small for ages then suddenly take off and take over.

thats what i thought they may be.... but my foxgloves leaves are different to these.....

my neighbour gave me some pots of things she did not want and these have all sprouted up in them.....

Looks like foxgloves, I agree - as long as the leaves aren't unpleasant to touch. If they feel nasty to the touch, they're borage, not something you want seeding itself round the garden.

they are quite soft to touch Bamboo.........

Foxgloves then.

Indeed Foxgloves. The tiny seeds blow around and get everywhere!

Thanks everyone....

Yes these are foxgloves Hollyeves. I have found a number of these growing in my tubs too, probably from the birds pooh!!

Thanks Linsuffolk....

The dry seed pods (carpels) split open to release dust-like seed that is wind blown because of its very small size. The carpels are not bird attractant in the slightest so sorry Linsuffolk, not through bird poo. ;-)

: O ))

Thanks Fractal, you've taught me something I didn't know. Its good to learn new things, thats why GOY is so interesting!

I learn something new everyday myself Linsuffolk :-)

« Is Sixpence still on the site?