By Suzand

Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom Gb

i put a row of conifers up the side of my driveway a couple of months ago, but lately they all seem to be going yellow/brown in the middle. could anyone tell me what the cause could be. thanks suzan

Probably need more info on the planting and after care including whay type of soil you have and aspect (full sun or shade).

Conifers generally are best planted in spring rather than the traditional autumn for most trees and shrubs and certainly summer is not ideal. I am guessing from the little info that they are just stressed and once the roots "key" into the ground next year, they should make enough new growth to outgrow the natural die back in the interior.

thanks. they are in part shade, so should i still be watering them. thanks again

If your soil is light and free drained, yes, a good soak probably every week. If your soil is heavier or even clay, a good soak once a fortnight. Any more than this and you will just encourage root rot.