Can any one name this flower?

essex, England Eng

my first thought was Godetia, as it is the right sort of size and in the place where i sowed some seeds this year (none of which have appeared) but the leaves are all wrong. it is just a single stem mingled at the back of my lavender bush approx 12-18" tall with a few buds and this beautful Mallow type flower which measures approx 1 - 1.5" accross i must admit it really does have me stumped! any ideas please

A Corncockle maybe? I think that's what it's called, anyway. My neighbour sprinkled a packet of mixed seeds last year and had one like this.

don't supose you have any idea what the botanical name is do you Spritz, so i can look it up, i was just looking through my book and found something called a Malope, which i think is realted to Mallow, and it looks exactly like it, but according to my info it gets to 3ft tall, don't ask me where it has come from, lol would this fit with the ones your neighbour had?

Agrostemma githago is the Latin name.

If you go to Yahoo 'Images' and put in corn cockle you will get lots of pictures and details