east yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

which primula species?
I have a pretty yellow one in flower now. It is a species one but I have dropped the label somewhere. It is similar to a more open cowslip or a single tier of candelabra type. The flowers are on a stem about 12" lomg. I cant find the camera so any chance of a name for me? Thanks in advance :o)

It's not P. florindae is it?

just looked on google, and sadly no. the leaves are much smaller and a cross between an auricula and a denticulata leaf.
but the flower form is similar but more slender, if that makes sense. I am having distinct trouble finding the botanical terms for what i want to describe. I hope its tiredness rather than age :o)

I wonder if you can match it up with anything on here Sbg?

Wow! primula tenella in the gallery is gorgeous...

P. sikkimensis is the fellow. Thanks so much fractal. isnt P tenella a wonderful colour?

Glad you found it :-) Lovely species too. I think my mum used to have this one once.

P. tenella is lovely, reminds me of some of the best coloured forms of the dwarf creeping woodland Phlox, P. divaricata.

why do petunias go sticky & limp »