By Jeanh

London, United Kingdom Gb

Hi. What should I do with the flowers on the lavender when they fade. should I cut them back or leave them?

On plant Lavender

Cut them back before they fade Tie them in a bunch and hang them heads inside a paper bagintheairingcupboard or somewhere dry. When they dry out get a basket or small vase, put dry foam in it and pack the stems in to give a solid mass of flowers, you have a perfect fly deterrant and air freshener for free.

What a good idea. Will the plant re flower?

It may do this year but it certainly will next year. Before the winter I always cut back the flowering stems which are on the plant but in April next year trim back to just above the old wood and it will reward you with another stunning display.

Yes, this is this plant's 3rd year, I cut right back in the spring, but wasn't sure weather to cut back and if it would reflower this year. Thanks