By Great

London, United Kingdom Gb

This plant was given to me by a friend who only paid 30p for it !!! a bargain. I have planted it near to my pond. Already it has grown quite strongly and is in flower. please can someone identify it for me please. Thanks; also will it seed everywhere?

Dsc00473 Dsc00479

It could be a mallow, it will be fairly free in seeding.

Spelling, Doctorbob! It could be a Mallow. Makes it more difficult to Google if the spelling's wrong.

So sorry, slip of the finger, i've put it right.

So is this Malva moschata 'Rosea'??? It does look like my white one. I agree about the self-seeding - I potted a lot up and sold them on my plant stall!!!! :-))))

Doctorbob Hi haven't heard from you in a while. Hope your well? Mallow ok thanks I will look it up. It is pretty lovely shade of pink.
Hi Spritz and Beattie don't wanna leave you out. Spritz your suggestion sounds a bit excotic. What a lovely name.

Well - you know me and latin names! It does help to 'pin down' a plant, and I think yours is really pretty. :-))

thanks x