By Nana_d

Dorset, United Kingdom Gb

I want to move an hydrangea I cut it right back last winter as it had been neglected and now it is looking really healthy although I know it will not flower this year, but I need to move it to another spot can I do this now?

No ,best done in the autumn or winter when its dormant. They're not easy to move, their roots go down an awfully long way...

Thanks Bamboo I will have to be patient then :) we have moved another one in the winter and that is growing well and that had a large root ball and it isn't as big as the one I want to move so plenty of digging for me!

Phew, you're a better man than me, gunga din - the last time I tried moving one I gave up after 2 hours... killed it off and bought a new one instead, lol

Have to be honest Bamboo I will get my partner Brian to do the digging for me :)

Same comment as last time - most of the men I've known wouldn't take the care I consider necessary, lol! Good luck with it anyway.