PRUNING

JASS

By Jass

MY PATIO TREE NEEDS PRUNING. WHAT'S THE BEST TIME AND HOW MUCH SHOULD I CUT OFF?

On plant Citrus

Dscf2232

Answers

Hi Jass, Why don't you tell us a bit more about the tree species which is growing in your patio. Is it in a pot? Is it a fruit tree, ornamental tree or what kind? A photo of it would also be a great help for the advisors here. See you soon.

Marguerite.

All I can tell you is the tree had a card on it when I bought it from the garden centre some 18 months ago. The card said 'Limone Citrus Limon. Throughout the winter it was in a fairly warm shed and then brought out this year after the frost had cleared. The tree has three lemons on it from last year but I am not sure if these should now be cut off!
Hopefully you can view the picture attached.

Many thanks

Jass

Marguerite.

Many thanks

Jass

• Lemon flowering in the garden room..... (Citrus Meyers Lemon.)
    Dottydaisy2
  • Lemon plant (Citrus limon (Lemon))
    Homebird
  • Citrus Meyers Lemon.... (Citrus Meyers Lemon.)
    Dottydaisy2
  • New Lemon Tree for the greenhouse (Citrus limon (Lemon))
    Cottagekaren