By Jeanh

London, United Kingdom Gb

Hi. I have had morning glory for the last 3 years, but this year, they are not climbing, but have started flowering, any ideas why? It does now seem to have
started growing be it v slowly.

Well, it's now stopped flowering and started climbing up the wall - weird! I went to the local garden centre and asked if they know what it could be. Nice man had no idea but gave me another one to have a go with. Have dug up the ones that weren't doing anything and planted it and that's climbing too! I wonder if I was over watering them during the very hot weather

On plant morning glory

Any chance of a photograph, Jeanh? Because morning glory is a half hardy annual in Britain, and thus wouldn't make it through the winter (especially not the last one) so probably what you have isn't morning glory at all.

Hi Bamboo, it definitely is, it's from seeds I took last year, which is what I have done for the last couple of years (there are pics already from last year amongst my pics on here

Oh right, you mean you're growing it every year from seeds you've collected rather than its being the same plant for three years. Lovely flower, but I'd like to see the leaves really, and whether its like a bush and how tall it is.