By Djmd44

Suffolk, United Kingdom Gb

I have a multitude of nerines around the house & farmyard & they do well. I wish to spread them further. When should I split larger clumps & re-plant?

Hi Dj,

You can divide them in late autumn of very early spring.

Once they are established Nerine bulbs don't like to be disturbed and can get quite sulky when they are moved. The normal advice is not to lift or divide the clump unless the bulbs are so overcrowded that they are no longer flowering properly. Of course you can divide them to create new colonies, as you want to, but plants in both the old and the new positions may take a while to settle back into good flowering.

Thanks your advice. I have so many that I have today split & moved some to better locations. Will see how they react. Still have a decent stock if this does not work & have watered them in well with good leaf showing, roots quite long on moving.