By Fluff

Dorset, United Kingdom Gb

I bought 2 Gloxinias ... one for me & one for my mum. The leaves on hers have gone very brown at the edges & all the buds come thru' with a grey/brown top to them & then rot off.
Mine did this a little but nowhere near as badly ... but I notice some stems are brown & new tiny buds have died before even showing up!
I've kept them both watered but they are very 'succulent', juicy stems ... is it too much water causing this?

that is a posssible expalanation. reduce the watering and water when the top 1/2" of the compost feels dry. if it is overwatering then they should recover.

Ok thanks SBG ... I'll try that. They are like African Violets in that the soil is stuffed with stems & leaves & they are very juicy!

yes I have grown gloxinia in te past. I love the rich purple one.

As an addendum ... I have since only watered the glox (& from the bottom)when it is completely dry & just starting to wilt & it is much happier! ;o))