Dorset, United Kingdom Gb

I have a fairly new evergreen honeysuckle that has been growing away very well in a container. I noticed a couple of days ago that the leaves appear a bit cloudy looking although I cannot see any insects on them. It comes of if I rub it with my fingers. Does anybody know what it could be and what I can do about it. I would rather not use chemicals if possible.

Could this be mildew? is the plant water logged in the pot? have you got a pic

Does the container have drainage holes in it?

The pot has lots of holes in it and the soil is not waterlogged at all. I have some plants in a nearby bed that seem to be going the same way, I think they are called adjuga (a creeping purple plant with erect mauve flower spikes) Can plants catch things from each other? I will try to get some pics later.

Yes virus can transfer between some plants, but without pics Its a guessing game?

It does sound like Powdery Mildew (a pale, white-ish powder-like appearance on the foliage) and in my experience Honeysuckles are extremely vulnerable to it, especially when grown in a pot & also when they have been allowed to dry out at the root, although the fungi themselves require a relatively humid environment at the leaf.

Good air flow and increased sunlight will kill the fungi, you should cut out any severely affected leaves/shoots and be careful to disinfect your cutting tool (boiling water works well) otherwise you risk spreading the fungi to other plants.

Mildew is killed by sulphur & you can make a home-made fungicide from crushed garlic - put it in a food processor with some water, add a few drops of vegetable-based soap (for adhesion) and then spray it on all effected leaves.

Bicarbonate of Soda also kills Powdery mildew - 1 teaspoon dissolved in a litre of water, again with the soap for adhesion.

Thank you. I will try the bic of soda tomorrow.