what type of plant is this.

Merseyside, United Kingdom Gb

What are the white spots,its killing the plant.

100_0776

Answers

Looks like a Lotus to me.To the flowers look like parrot's beak.?

I recognise this plant. I had it as a ground cover growing over a stone wall. Mine had purple flowers, but they do come in red and pink as well. Those thick leaves are succulent type. My flowers were the size of daisies, soft longish petals around the heart I have a photo of it somewhere in a photoalbum, which will take a while to find and scan in, so don't wait for it. If the white spots indeed are fungi, you'd need a copper spray. Look in the supermarket or garden centre and ask for a fungicide, which mostly is copper. The plant will also respond to pruning, which I did regularly to mine, or else it would just take off.

Is it Lampranthus? I have two but they are refusing to flower at present. When do they flower?

CHEERS THANKYOU SO MUCH.ANY IDEA ON THE WHITE SPOTS.

Its just finished flowering june, iam in the uk.

This is a type of mesembryanthemum, grown widely in Spain to cover walls, terraces and to have in pots, very beautiful jewel like colours,there is a branching upright type or trailing type, all are small plants but the trailers look stunning hanging over a wall, I had many colours of these in my Spanish garden.

WHAT IS IT THEN mesembryanthemum OR Lampranthus?

Yes celandine you're right, I've had a look at lampranthus on the net and these are the same lovely plants I had. The local garden centre in Catalunya where I bought my original plants had them labelled as Mesems, but this was probably a local term. Definitely Lampranthus Bazza7777!

We need a close up to see the white spots! Mine only had about two flowers and then gave up!