Middlesex, United Kingdom Gb

I have a problem with a Cytisus.
For the last 2 years after it has finished flowering I get these strange growths appearing on the plant ( see photo).
It also seems to be slowly dying. What was a very bushy plant has become quite thin.
I have been cutting out all of these sections with the hope that it would stop the problem but still it persists.
I have no idea what it is or what is causing it. Can anyone help me with a solution.

On plant Cytisus

Looks like Broom Gall Mite, though it usually attacks the flowers, so the flowering is reduced or halted. If its been a long standing problem, best to remove the plant and replace with a new one next year - there is no treatment other than cutting out affected areas, which is what you've been doing, I know, but its obviously not just a light infestation. The plant will eventually give up the ghost anyway.

• Cytisus (  Broom )  (Cytisus)
  • Cytisus scoparius 'Zeelandia' (Cytisus scoparius (Andreanus Broom))
  • Sweet Broom not to be confused with Scotch broom (cytisus spachianus)
  • What's that doing there? (Cytisus scoparius (Andreanus Broom))