By Mandyd

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom Gb

Are there any shrubs or trees I can plant in my garden that my dogs won't destroy? Ideally I would like something evergreen that they don't like the taste of!

No, not really - you need to train your dogs, over 50% of plants in British gardens are toxic when consumed.

sorry, my comments are always contradicted, so I have removed it ! I did try to advise??

Toxicity group 1 for Photinia - which means highly toxic if eaten, call a vet immediately.

Many thanks for all your responses. Problem is I have one mum and three puppies who love to eat the garden! Think maybe the best bet is to buy an established tree and then put a wire mesh guard around it so hopefully they won't be able to get to it.

Many thanks again.

How about some fruit trees and get the best of both worlds?

Agree with Bamboo's first reponse. Choose between dog and garden.

You jolly well can have both, dont give up !

Many thanks one and all. Will have a look at established trees and shrubs and wire mesh! Can't get rid of dogs - part of family.