Middlesex, United Kingdom Gb

Last may I was given a dwarf Acer in a pot. It seemed healthy, however it lost it's leaves in August. During the winter it seemed to have a lot of buds and I was looking foward to the spring. Since then it has done nothing. The main stem seems alive, but the small branches are dead. Any suggestions please?

well if its any consolation everything is taking forever in my garden to 'come to life' As long as it is healthy i.e. the stem I wouldnt worry

Thanks for the re assurance, I'll try to br patient. Jacquie

I'm curious as to why it lost its leaves last August - did you not water it sufficiently or often enough? I'd also like to know how big the pot is (depth and width) because it does sound as though some of the plant has died off.

_Bamboo, the pot is trumpet shapen approx 18"across the top, narrowing to 12",and about 15-18"deep. Maybe I just relied on the rain, watering it when the other pots needed watering.

Sounds okay in terms of size of pot.