whats wrong withmy fushcia

bren

By Bren

LEICESTERSHIRE, United Kingdom Gb

any one have any idea why the leaves on my hardy fushcia are all curled at the ends.thera are no bugs on them at all

Brens_photos_049

Answers

I can't see them curled, but I can see some curling in the front ones. It looks like curly leaf, which stone fruit trees can get. That is a fungus, which can be treated with copper. But I have browsed on google and cannot find that fuchsia's get curly leaf. I would suggest to take a leaf sample to your local nursery as they probably can tell what is wrong and sell you a remedy.

It is only the end of the leaves that are curling,I plucked a section off to examine it, but there is nothing there,no bugs no greenfly or blackfly,nothing, thanks anyway,it is usually a picture at this time of the year

Looks as if some weedkiller has touched it?Is it the same all over or just the bit in the picture?

Is it in full sun -??

Thanks for all answers.
no weedkiller and it is,nt in the full sun and ,yes it is all over,but only on the first few inches of each branch and I think what I will do , is what Marguarite suggested and take sample to a nursery.
Thanks everybody

Please let us know what the nursery said. I would like to find out what it actually is. I keep thinking of a virus. Of curly leaf. Ken, you mentioned full sun, do you mean the fuchsia should be in full sun? I had marvellous bushes growing with only a few hours of sun late in the afternoon.

I googled "help my fushcia leaves are curling" and had a shock!!! Apparently,a microscopic mite has infested fushcias on the continent,and in 2007 it was found in guernsey,and then in Kent and it has to be reported to Defra,so they can see how far it has spread..you have to collect all infected parts wearing rubber gloves,put in plastic bag and destroy.I hope i,m wrong,but I cannot see anything on the shrub except distorted leaves.

I have a small hardy fuchsia that has this problem every year and then recovers which it is doing at the moment