North Yorkshire, United Kingdom Gb

I,m looking for an evergreen climber which flowers to cover a neighbours unsightly garage wall any suggestions?

Star Jasmine, evergreen and has white perfumed flowers - To die for!!!

Is it shady or in sun?

Clematis armandii, Pileostegia viburnoides (climbing hydrangea), Trachelospermum jasminoides, Lonicera japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) are some suggestions from my book ("What Plant Where", Roy Lancaster).

Of these I like Clematis armandii because of the scent. I am not sure how much support it needs.

Perhaps there are other creative solutions, like such as large shrubs or screening which would also work, other more experienced people here may be able to advise.

Thanks everyone! I,ve been looking at Clematis armandii but I will have a look at Star Jasmine.The wall it will be going against is shady in the morning with sun in the afternoon!

Bellyboop remember you can't grow anything on the actual wall if it is not yours. You will need to erect a trellis in front of the wall and grow up that.

Moongrower's right, you must erect your own support which is not attached to their wall in any way, but attached to your own posts. As for climbers, I think star jasmine might beTrachleospermum jasminoides, which is what I'd suggest, and also Akebia quinata.

The trellis has been okayed with the neighbour!

Unless it is free standing you will potential have a problem if/when your neighbour sells...

It will be free standing and I can,t wait to get it done!

« When to prune a crab apple tree?